NOTICE OF IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING
POSITION: WEEKEND MORNING ANCHOR/PRODUCER
AND MORNING REPORTER
WSAW-TV, the CBS Affiliate in Wausau, WI is searching for an experienced anchor/producer/reporter to join our award-winning team. We are looking for a candidate who can produce and anchor our Sunday morning newscast, and be a breaking news morning reporter four days a week. The ideal candidate will be a newsroom leader with excellent news judgment. We are looking for someone who embraces new technology and has the ability to work in a multi-platform environment, including social media and wsaw.com. Experience producing and experience on-camera are a must. Shooting and editing skills are needed, as one-man-band work will be included. A sense of urgency and passion for broadcast news are also essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce, Edit and Anchor the hour-long Sunday morning newscast.
• Write, shoot, and edit stories on your own for daily newscasts and website
• Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web
• Use social media sites, including Facebook, to report stories and interact with viewers
• Research, gather, and provide news and information in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources
• Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
• Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
• Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
• Present TV stories in alternative and creative ways that emphasize storytelling techniques
• Ability to travel for assignments, as needed
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
• College degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred.
• Familiarity with Avid iNews, Grass Valley Edius, Sony XDCAM cameras and Clickability Dynamic Site Platform preferred
• Strong on-camera presentation skills required, with experience going live, especially during breaking news.
• Excellent interview and communication skills
• Must be able to write in a clear, concise, and conversational manner
• Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Ability to work well with others and independently with limited supervision
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and customers
• Meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• Must be able stand for long periods of time
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
Applicants should apply at https://gray.tv/careers (click “search jobs” in right column, then Wausau/by location or WSAW/by business). All applications must be received through this platform. You will also be able to upload your resume and cover letter. If necessary, email WSAW/WZAW-TV HR: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.