NOTICE OF IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING
POSITION: MULTI-MEDIA JOURNALIST
WSAW-TV in Wausau, WI is looking for a Multi-Media Journalist to join our award-winning team in June of 2019. The ideal candidate will possess versatility, speed and accuracy when it comes to gathering facts, shooting video and writing. We're looking for someone who has a clear understanding of enterprise reporting and who can bring fresh ideas to our newsroom on a daily basis. Reporters are responsible for developing, investigating, writing, reporting and editing stories of interest, for all platforms. Reporters will also be called upon to fill-in as Anchors, when needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Write, shoot, and edit stories on your own for daily newscasts and website
• Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web
• Use social media sites, including Facebook, to report stories and interact with viewers
• Research, gather, and provide news and information in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources
• Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
• Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
• Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
• Present TV stories in alternative and creative ways that emphasize storytelling techniques
• Ability to travel for assignments, as needed
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
• College degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred.
• Familiarity with Avid iNews, Grass Valley Edius, Sony XDCAM cameras and Clickability Dynamic Site Platform preferred
• Strong on-camera presentation skills required, with experience going live, especially during breaking news.
• Excellent interview and communication skills
• Must be able to write in a clear, concise, and conversational manner
• Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Ability to work well with others and independently with limited supervision
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and customers
• Meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• Must be able stand for long periods of time
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
Applicants should apply at https://gray.tv/careers (click “search jobs” in right column, then Wausau/by location or WSAW/by business). All applications must be received through this platform. You will also be able to upload your resume and cover letter. If necessary, email WSAW/WZAW-TV HR: email@example.com with questions.
WSAW/WZAW-TV is a drug-free work place. Pre-employment and random drug testing are a condition of employment. WSAW/WZAW-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.