NOTICE OF IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING
POSITION: WEEKDAY MORNING METEROLOGIST
WSAW/WZAW-TV is seeking a meteorologist to join our award-winning morning show. This position requires a high level of creativity and communication. The ideal candidate must be able to produce and deliver a dynamic, compelling and understandable forecast for our newscasts and digital platforms. Accuracy is a must. You will cover severe weather with urgency, while also being reassuring. Our meteorologists must have the ability to work in a multi-platform environment and will contribute daily to our digital platforms, including social media and wsaw.com. Strong leadership and teamwork is a must.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce high quality and accurate weather forecast for weekday newscast
• Emphasis on state of the art computer graphics for air presentation
• Use sophisticated meteorological data in concise, accurate and understandable weather conditions and forecasts
• Work with the news team to effectively tell the weather story of the day for overall newscast and online at wsaw.com
• Must have passion for breaking weather and willingness to work alternate hours during severe weather coverage
• Fill in on alternate newscasts as assigned and assist Chief Meteorologist in Breaking/Severe Weather situations
• Report live from the field to tell the weather story
• Make public appearances as a station representative maintaining professional image on and off air
• Actively provide useful information via all social media platforms and generate content for web channel wsaw.com
A qualified candidate will have:
• College degree in meteorology
• Seals of the National Weather Association and American Meteorological Society preferred
• Knowledge of WSI Max and Max Engage preferred
• Strong research and writing skills
• Ability to adapt to rapid changes as dictated by an always-changing newsroom environment
• Ability to follow directions and work on your own
• Ability to operate and contribute to a team environment
• A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Applicants should apply at https://gray.tv/careers (click “search jobs” in right column, then Wausau/by location or WSAW/by business). All applications must be received through this platform. You will also be able to upload your resume and cover letter. If necessary, email WSAW/WZAW-TV HR: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
WSAW/WZAW-TV is a drug-free work place. Pre-employment and random drug testing are a condition of employment. WSAW/WZAW-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.