WSAW-TV, the CBS affiliate in Wausau, WI is looking for a part-time photographer and editor, who is ready to join our award-winning news operation and work in a new studio featuring the latest technology. Duties include assisting our newscast and digital content producers in editing video for newscasts, shooting and gathering information in the field during breaking news, and writing for our TV newscasts and digital platforms, including wsaw.com and our social media platforms. This is an entry-level position and an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door, while learning from the best journalists in the market.
• Editing video on a non-linear platform
• Shooting and gathering information in the field
• Operating Live gear and Laptop editors, as well as live technology
• Collaborating with reporters and producers on stories
• Posting content and video to our digital platforms
Qualified candidates will:
• Be available to work all shifts
• Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Be strong writers, able to use correct spelling and grammar
• Be capable of working under pressure and meeting daily deadlines in a high energy environment
• Have good communication skills
• Have solid news judgement
• Have the ability to multi-task efficiently
• Be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Familiarity with Avid iNews, Grass Valley Edius, Sony XDCAM cameras and Clickability Dynamic Site Platform preferred.
Applicants should apply at https://gray.tv/careers (click “search jobs” in right column, then Wausau/by location or WSAW/by business). All applications must be received through this platform. You will also be able to upload your resume and cover letter. If necessary, email WSAW/WZAW-TV HR: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
WSAW/WZAW-TV is a drug-free work place. Pre-employment and random drug testing are a condition of employment. WSAW/WZAW-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
WSAW is Wausau’s first TV station, debuting in 1954. It is a CBS affiliated station that serves northcentral Wisconsin. It is owned by Gray Television. Northcentral Wisconsin is a leader in agriculture, dairy, ginseng, cranberries, cheese, and potatoes. Our area has always been tied to the paper industry, supporting multiple mills in our DMA.
WZAW is Wausau’s FOX affiliate and home of “Packer Football” airing more Packer regular season games than all other stations combined. WZAW produces local newscasts M-F 4:00pm and 9:00pm.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.