NOTICE OF IMMEDIATE JOB OPENING
POSITION: INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
WSAW-TV, the CBS Affiliate in Wausau, WI is searching for an experienced Investigative Reporter to join our award-winning 7 Investigates team. This person should be dedicated to finding the stories behind the press releases, the official statements, and the regular news of the day. They would become the go-to person to dig up background, reviews, supplemental information on important stories of the day while fostering bigger stories aimed at protecting our viewers and their families from crime, fraud, financial waste and problems within our schools.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Enterprising original, impactful and compelling content for all platforms
• Sending and following up on FOIA requests to local agencies
• Writing sidebars and day-turn investigative content to enhance news of day coverage
• Developing sources within the community to report on important issues
• Developing creative content specifically for digital and OTT platforms
• Using social media to promote content, drive engagement, find sources and stories
• Degree in Journalism or Communications
• Excellent writing skills, news judgment and ethics
• Experience reporting on-camera, with a proven record of smooth and effective delivery of content for live broadcast
• Experience shooting and editing unique content
• Strong understanding of digital/new media platforms and strategy
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to make deadline
• Integrity, accountability, teamwork
• Must be able to carry 35 pounds of gear
• Familiarity with Avid iNews, Grass Valley Edius, Sony XDCAM cameras and Clickability Dynamic Site Platform preferred.
Applicants should apply at https://gray.tv/careers (click “search jobs” in right column, then Wausau/by location or WSAW/by business). All applications must be received through this platform. You will also be able to upload your resume and cover letter. If necessary, email WSAW/WZAW-TV HR: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.