Teacher Salute: Amy Parks
Amy is the consummate teacher. She uses the old and new to make sure each child learns to their potential. here are some examples.
1. She uses a wide variety of technology, including SMART boards, I-
Pads, and lap tops to individualize learning and bring real life lessons to life.
2. She teaches virtues and values throughout the day, helping students become better citizens
3. She does numerous service projects with her students, including working with the cancer center at the local hospital, and wintering plants from a local business and donating them to elderly neighbors.
4. She differentiates her instruction, providing extra support for students who struggle and for more gifted children, including using prep and recess time.
5. Because her principal has to be in multiple buildings, she serves as teacher in charge, handling situations when he is gone.
Amy has been a teacher for over 20 years, and I can truly say she is a master teacher.