Advertisement

Neighbors use snow to halt fire's spread

(WSAW)
Published: Dec. 22, 2016 at 9:55 AM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Quick-thinking neighbors have been credited with preventing a shed fire from causing more damage by using snow to extinguish the flames. The fire was reported around 9:36 a.m. at a property on the 2400 block of Town Line Rd. in Marathon.

Marathon Fire Chief Mike Tylinski said the fire started as result of mechanical issue with a snowmobile. The Marathon and Mosinee Fire departments responded as result.

He said the neighbors quick thinking was appreciated.

"It helped us tremendously. You know they're putting themselves in danger too. The shed is still standing, the majority part of everything in the shed is still fine."

The snowmobile and a few other items in the shed were destroyed.

Crews left the scene around 11:30 a.m.