Welding fire at Schuette Metals

By  | 

ROTHSCHILD, Wis. (WSAW) -- A minor fire erupted at Schuette Metals in Rothschild on Friday evening. The president of the company says four welders were at the building finishing up projects, when he thinks a spark got into the exhaust system and set a filter on fire.

"Damage is limited, had to replace the filters, that's about it," he said. "Because we were gonna pull all the other filters out, make sure they were out. So it's minimal."

The building was evacuated, and nobody was injured.