UPDATE: 2 floors evacuated after Nitric Acid spill at Marshfield Clinic, all clear given

MARSHFIELD, Wis. (WSAW) -- Marshfield Clinic has been given the all-clear after a Nitric Acid spill caused a short evacuation Monday afternoon.

According to a news release from the Marshfield Fire and Rescue, crew were sen to the Melvin Laird Center tor a report of a Nitric Acid spill at 1:27 p.m. Monday.

Fire crews and a Hazardous Material Response vehicle were sent to the building.

Laird Center staff said they were wasting approximately 300 milliliters of the chemical into a one liter container when an unplanned reaction happened. The reaction cause a yellow/orange gas to be released.

Crews say two floors were evacuated and all employees were accounted for.

The Hazmat crews helped monitor the air in the building and isolate the chemicals. The building ventilation system was used to exchange the air, and the chemicals were contained to a container and isolated in a vent hood system.

A clean up company was sent to the scene to dispose of the remaining chemical.

The building was deemed safe at 2:57 p.m. and employees were allowed back in.

Marshfield Fire and Rescue crews say no one was hurt.