Car fire in Mosinee prompts firefighters to remind the public of fire safety tip
A car fire is prompting firefighters to remind the public of a fire safety tip during a time when fire danger is high.
It was a normal day for one man in Mosinee, until he went to his shed and tried to start a car that he had been keeping in storage for awhile. He noticed smoke coming from the hood and then eventually saw flames.
His quick reaction time and the close proximity to the Mosinee Fire Department kept the fire from spreading to the shed and other vehicles he had stored in the shed. No one was injured and there was no damage except for the vehicle.
The Chief of the Mosinee Fire District Stephen Haas called it a 'best case scenario fire', but it also prompted him to remind people that when things aren't going this well, they need to remember some things.
"You know when we have our fires I know it's natural for people to want to come and see what's going on but we really need our room to do what we need to do and things change--especially right now when we have really really bad forest fire weather. The danger is high and those kind of fires spread really quick," Chief Haas said.
Immediate access to a fire extinguisher also kept the flames from the car fire from spreading more quickly.