Boiler malfunction prompts evacuation at Lincoln High School in Wisconsin Rapids

Lincoln High School sign in Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
Lincoln High School sign in Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.(WSAW)
Published: Sep. 23, 2022 at 11:39 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (WSAW) - The cause of a gas leak Friday morning at Lincoln High School in Wisconsin Rapids due to a boiler malfunction.

Staff and students were evacuated during the investigation. An update provided by the district on Facebook, stated everyone returned to the building around 11: 25 a.m.

The source of the smell was identified as the boiler start-up and a valve malfunction. An additional investigation took place to ensure that it was the only source of the smell prior to allowing students and staff to return to the building.