Advertisement

Overloaded extension cord cause of deadly Marshfield trailer home fire; victim identified

generic fatal fire
generic fatal fire(MGN)
Published: Jan. 24, 2022 at 8:29 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MARSHFIELD, Wis. (WSAW) - The Marshfield Fire Department says an overloaded electrical extension cord caused a fire at a Marshfield trailer home earlier this week.

Herman John Greuel, 62, died as a result of injuries sustained in the fire.

The fire was reported around 3 p.m. Monday at a home on Frey Court. Interim Fire Chief Peter Fletty said Marshfield Fire and Rescue Department found heavy black smoke when they arrived. Several minutes later, firefighters were able to knock down the fire and clear the smoke.

The fire department estimates $15,000 in damage to the trailer and $10,000 in damage to the contents inside.

Fire investigators from Marshfield Fire and Rescue Department and Marshfield Police Department responded to the scene.

Copyright 2022 WSAW. All rights reserved.