Plan Commission approves proposal for Starbucks to return to Wisconsin Rapids
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (WSAW) - The Wisconsin Rapids Plan Commission unanimously approved a plan for Starbucks to return to 8th Street at its meeting Monday night.
The proposal states a new building will be constructed between KCF/Taco Bell and Checkers. The current buildings will be demolished to make way for the new coffee shop.
The recommendation for approval included the following conditions:
- Parcels 3411723 and 3411724 shall be combined prior to the development construction.
- Applicable right-of-way permits shall be obtained, to be reviewed and approved by the Department of Public Works.
- An exterior lighting plan shall be submitted for review and approval by the Community Development Department
- All applicable building and stormwater permits through the City of Wisconsin Rapids and other jurisdictions, such as the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, shall be obtained.
- The Community development department shall have the authority to approve minor modifications to the plans.
The building will be 2,400-square feet and will have a drive-thru. It’s expected to employ 20-30 full-time and part-time employees.
The common council still needs to approve the plans. They’ll meet on Jan. 19.
A timeline for development was not immediately available.
The Wisconsin Rapids Tribune states the previous Starbucks store closed in July 2008 after only opening about a year prior.
Copyright 2021 WSAW. All rights reserved.