The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region is reminding motorists heading to Lambeau Field on Sunday, September 9 for the Green Bay Packers/San Francisco 49ers football game that the road construction season continues on most major roads in Northeast Wisconsin. While most projects will stop and two lanes of traffic will be open, drivers might still encounter road conditions in the work zones that could cause backups.
WisDOT strongly recommends motorists allow themselves additional time to reach their destinations.
Here is a list of the major roads in northeast Wisconsin most Packers fans will be traveling and the road conditions they should anticipate:
· Brown County - Drivers will encounter 11-foot travel lanes and reduced shoulders in multiple locations along a 10-mile segment of highway. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph from just south of Scheuring Road to I-43.
· Winnebago County – A majority of 12 miles of highway, from 9th Avenue to Breezewood Lane, has restricted shoulders, 11-foot travel lanes and speed limits reduced to 55 mph in both directions.
· Brown County – Motorists traveling on WIS 29 will have to drive on 11-foot traffic lanes with reduced shoulders on five miles of highway from County FF to US 41. These restrictions affect both eastbound and westbound traffic lanes.
· Brown County – Motorists traveling southbound on WIS 32/Ashland Avenue following the game are advised to use WIS 172 to access US 41 and avoid using the temporary ramp from WIS 32/Ashland Avenue directly to US 41.
· Brown County – The WIS 54 and Seminary Road intersection has been reconfigured during roundabout construction that could slow traffic and cause backups at this location.
I-43/Leo Frigo Bridge
· Brown County - traffic on I-43 at the Leo Frigo Bridge is reduced to a single lane with speeds reduced to 55 mph in both directions over a 3.5-mile segment of the highway. In addition, the following ramps are closed to traffic:
o Southbound I-43 off-ramp to Webster Avenue
o Northbound I-43 on-ramp from Webster Avenue
o Southbound I-43 on-ramp from Atkinson Drive
· Sheboygan County – WIS 57 is closed between WIS 144 and WIS 23. The posted detour includes I-43 and WIS 23.
Oneida Street - Village of Ashwaubenon
· Village of Ashwaubenon – Oneida Street will now have two lanes open in each direction for all home Packer games.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.