Hannah Storm was back on the air Tuesday, hosting the Rose Parade telecast three weeks after a propane gas grill accident left the ESPN anchor with first- and second-degree burns to her face, hands, chest and neck.
Storm lost roughly half her hair in the accident Dec. 11 outside her home in Connecticut. She wore extensions for the ABC telecast and her left hand was bandaged.
Storm's eyebrows and eyelashes were burned off. A makeup artist drew on eyebrows for the telecast.
This was the fifth time Storm has hosted the Rose Parade in Pasadena, Calif. She says it was a familiar and comforting setting to make her return.
Storm says she hopes to turn her ordeal into an opportunity to talk about how to safely operate propane gas grills.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.