GREEN BAY, Wis. - Construction work at Lambeau Field sparked a minor fire that caused about $5,000 in damage to the Green Bay Packers stadium.
WLUK-TV reports workers were cutting a beam near the fourth floor Wednesday when sparks landed inside a wall, igniting foam insulation.
The area was evacuated. One firefighter suffered a minor back injury.
Green Bay Fire Lt. Nick Craig says the fire was small but in an unwieldy area. He says fire officials had to proceed slowly because they didn't want to open the wall and allow the flames an oxygen supply until they had enough water on hand.
The fire happened on Aaron Rodgers Day, a day the state proclaimed in honor of the Packers quarterback because Rodgers wears No. 12 and the date Wednesday was 12-12-12.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.