Already getting fired up for the 2013 NewsChannel 7 Golf Classic? Here are some details to whet your appetite. The regional qualifying tournament times, dates and places have been announced. They include:
Saturday, June 1st @ Wisconsin River G.C. in Stevens Point. Contact Mike or Bill @ 715-344-9152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, June 9th @ Trout Lake G.C. in Arbor Vitae. Contact Mike @ 715-385-2189 or email email@example.com
Sunday, June 16th @ River Edge G.C. in Marshfield. Contact Ryan @ 715-676-3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, June 23rd @ Merrill G.C. in Merrill. Contact Mike @ 715-536-2529 or email email@example.com
Saturday, June 29th @ Clintonville-Riverside G.C. in Clintonville. Contact Stacy @ 715-823-2992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally here are the rules for the Regional Qualifiers:
Rules for the Regional Qualifiers
1. Entry Fee will be $40.00 per player, which includes the green fee (Members can deduct $25 from the entry fee) $5.00 per player will go into a prize fund for the top qualifiers to be paid out in gift certificates from the host course. $5.00 per player will go to News Channel 7 who will provide a tee-prize for each player. Carts are extra and must be reserved and paid for by the individual players.
2. Players must be at least 16 years old on Saturday, July 27, 2013.
3. Players need to be current Wisconsin Residents.
4. The regional golf course will be in charge of setting up the golf course under championship conditions.
5. The regional golf course will set up randomly the groups in 3 or less players
6. The regional course will do tee-times or a shotgun start as long as all players play at about the same time.
7. 50% of the field will qualify for the News Channel Golf Classic. If there is a tie for the final spot then there needs to be a playoff. Also the course will have 5 alternate spots which should be numbered #1 through #5.
8. The regional golf course is responsible for giving the official entry form to their qualifiers and to provide a list of all qualifiers and their contact information to the News Channel 7 tournament director along with the $5.00 fee per player and the alternate list with their contact information.
9. Any questions or problems can be referred to the Tournament Director, Buck Welsh, 715-581-2646....
The 2013 edition will be played July 25 - 28. The location and more details about the tournament will follow shortly.
Designed by Gray Digital Media