TREMPEALEAU, Wis. (AP) -- A recycling and auto body shop has been destroyed by fire in western Wisconsin.
The owner of Centerville Recycling near Trempealeau And two firefighters suffered smoke inhalation when the longtime family business went up in flames Sunday.
Forty-four-year-old Alvin "Rob" Stanislowski rushed into the burning building, mistakenly believing that his girlfriend's son was inside. Stanislowski's dog, Sadie, was trapped under a desk in his office and died in the fire.
Stanislowski says the business has been in the family for 35 years. He estimates his loss at $500,000.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.