Since May is Children's Mental Health Month, a children's counselor spoke to us about the warning signs your child may have a mental disability.
She focused specifically on very young children, mostly pre-schoolers.
Here are some warning signs you can look out for:
- They sound and act excessively angry.
- They are sleep disturbances.
- At times they cannot be calmed down/inconsolable/wound up or tuned up.
- They are unable to engage or spend time focusing on play/bizarre types of play.
- Sometimes language and motor skill delays are the result of excess stress.