Chef Salvatore Friedel at Adventure Bistro 212 in Stevens Point shares his recipe for "Goat Cheese Gnocchi with Parsley Sauce" that is very kid-friendly.
• 8 ounce Goat Cheese + extra for garnishing
• ¾ cup All Purpose Flour + extra flour for dusting
• 1 Egg
• 3 cloves Garlic
• ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 pinch Kosher Salt
• 1 pinch Fresh Cracked Pepper
• ¼ cup Packed Fresh Parsley (or half bunch)
• ¼ cup sunflower seeds
1. Place Goat Cheese, ¾ cup Flour and Egg in mixer and mix until combined and uniform in texture.
2. Knead Gnocchi dough for one minute on a floured work surface, then cover with plastic wrap and let rest in cooler for 20 minutes.
3. When dough has properly rested, cut it into four equal balls and roll each ball into a long “snake” shape. Cut equal size “dumplings” out of the snake and place on a lightly floured sheet pan until you are ready to cook them.
4. Place Garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and parsley in a food processor or blender and mix until combined. (This sauce can be as chunky or pureed as you like. The consistency depends on your preference. When parsley sauce is blended, reserve for later.
5. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When the water is boiling, turn down to a simmer and add the gnocchi. While gnocchi are cooking, heat up the parsley sauce in a frying pan. (Timing is important because you don’t want to cook the sauce too long. When you smell the garlic, the sauce is ready.)
6. The gnocchi will be almost done when they float. Cook for 30 seconds more. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and toss in the frying pan with the parsley sauce to coat the gnocchi.
7. Serve the gnocchi on plates or bowl, spooning the remaining sauce over them.
8. Garnish with more goat cheese and sunflower seeds. Enjoy!
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.