WSAW NewsChannel 7  | Central WI, Wausau, Rhinelander  |  News, Weather, Sports

8 Taken to Hospital for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

DODGEVILLE, Wis. (AP) -- Eight people have been taken to a hospital in Dodgeville after suffering the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police say officers were called to a home just before midnight Thursday on a report of someone having a seizure. When police arrived they found the residents, including five children, were experiencing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. Eight people were taken to Upland Hills Hospital, including the officer first on the scene who assisted the others.

Authorities say carbon monoxide apparently was released in the house because a bird's nest was blocking an outside air intake.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@wsaw.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.

powered by Disqus