A local Police Chief, a retired Police Chief, a Criminal Justice Instructor, and several within the Marathon County Sheriff's Department and other law enforcement agencies are among those who would like to be the next Marathon County Sheriff.
The Governor's office released the names of the applicants who have applied for Marathon County Sheriff. Governor Scott Walker will appoint the new Sheriff within the next several weeks.
The appointment will fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Sheriff Randy Hoenisch. The new sheriff will begin serving upon appointment and will complete a term ending January 5, 2015.
An applicant must reside in Marathon County at the time the appointment becomes effective.
Marathon County Sheriff Applicants:
1. Gale Baerenwald
2. Brian Fiene - Criminal Justice Instructor at NTC
3. Joel Flewellen - Wisconsin Rapids Police Lt.
4. Herbert Gies
5. Frank Hanousek Jr. - Marathon County Sheriff's Dept. Lt.
6. Daniel Joling - Kronenwetter Police Chief
7. Dale Knapp - Merrill Police Dept.
8. Sean McCarthy - Marathon County Sheriff's Dept. Det.
9. Ryan Miller
10. Ebert Nitzke
11. Scott Parks - Marathon County Sheriff's Dept. Chief Deputy
12. James Reist
13. Gary Schneck - Marathon County Sheriff's Dept. Lt.
14. Benjamin Seidler
15. Scott Sleeter - Everest Metro Police Dept. Captain
16. Ralph Sliwicki
17. Stephanie Stilen
18. Daniel Vergin - Former Everest Metro Police Chief
19. Dale Wisnewski - Marathon County Sheriff's Dept. Lt.
20. Harlyn Woodward - Marathon County Sheriff's Dept.
21. CONFIDENTIAL ENTRY
The process is expected to last several weeks.
Click here to read more about Hoenisch's retirement.