A Dane County woman finally has the answer to a mysterious medical problems that caused her to fell ill for six years.
Melissa Munson, of Mount Horeb, tells WMTV-TV that shortly after moving into a new house in 2005 she began experiencing chest pains, headaches and issues with her organs. The pain and illness led her to visit multiple doctors and undergo 10 surgeries, including a hysterectomy to find relief.
It wasn't until Melissa's husband, Steve had to undergo an operation to repair a ruptured colon that doctors began to question the family's environment.
The Munson's doctor was correct in believing that something was contaminating the couple's master bedroom and keyed in on a gas meter. The Munsons called the gas company who came right over, found a leak, and fixed it with two turns of a wrench. The meter had been slowly leaking right below the couple's bedroom for the last six years.
The family says there will be no lawsuits and no angry demands for apologies. Melissa says, "In the end there is nobody to blame. There is nobody to go after."
Melissa hopes that by telling her story people will understand how big of a role the environment plays in your health.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.