The Marathon County Health Department says the State Department of Health will be investigating this morning's chlorine accident at the North Central Health Care Pool in Wausau.
A health department official tells us there had been mechanical work done on pumps at the pool this morning.
An Aspirus Wausau Hospital spokesman says two children are still at the hospital, and one more has recently been released.
A fourth little boy was taken from St. Clare's Hospital in Weston to St. Joseph's Children's Hospital in Marshfield. He was listed in critical condition.
A spokesperson for North Central Health Care says more than 40 kindergarten students from Lincoln Elementary School in Wausau were taken to local hospitals Friday morning with apparent chlorine inhalation after swimming in the center's swimming pool.
The spokesperson says they were swimming as part of a Community Swim Program. A pump broke and was re-started, causing too much chlorine to go into the pool.
The children became nauseous and started to cough. They were removed from the pool, rinsed off and looked over by Health Care Center medical staff.
The fire department was called and the children were taken to Aspirus Wausau and St. Clare's hospitals to be looked over.
The health care center spokesperson says most of the children were not seriously injured because they were removed from the water so quickly and the trip to the hospital is a precaution.