DARLINGTON, Wis. (AP) -- Four people were taken to a hospital with respiratory problems after breathing fumes from an aerosol can that built up in a Wisconsin bank vault.
Darlington police say it happened just after 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Citizens Bank.
Three bank employees and a customer were sickened when fumes from the aerosol can were released when the closed bank vault was opened.
Police say the aerosol can contained static neutralizer for use on electronics. A preliminary investigation finds the can either was punctured or somehow released all of its contents inside the vault overnight.
A hazmat team was among the crews that helped out at the bank.
The Capital Times reports Darlington fire personnel stayed at the bank for about an hour and a half, ventilating the building.