The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has 7 easy ways for you to conserve water as our dry spell/drought continues.
1) Don't water your lawn unless you have to.
And if you have to, do it wisely, in the morning and no more than an inch a week.
2) Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your pavement or blacktop.
3) Switch to a low-flow toilet or look for devices like toilet dams or inserts to help your old one cut down on water used.
4) Fix leaks, which can cost up to 20-gallons of water a day.
5) Keep a pitcher of water in the fridge, so you can get a drink without running the tap.
6) Switch to a water saving shower head.
7) And only wash full loads of dishes or laundry.