EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) -- Eau Claire police have released the name of a 47-year-old woman found dead after a house fire Monday.
Police identify the victim as Cheryl Lechner. Autopsy reports say Lechner died of carbon monoxide poisoning, but the manner of her death has not been determined.
Officials responded to the fire call just before 1:30 p.m. Monday and found the woman. Attempts to revive her failed, and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the woman was the only person in the house when emergency crews arrived.
The Leader-Telegram reports police are saying little about their investigation into Lechner's death.
Eau Claire police and firefighters were assisted Monday by the Wisconsin Department of Justice's Division of Criminal Investigation.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.