Cooking for one is almost as tricky as cooking for a lot of people, and in this week's "Pin it in a Minute," we try a pin from social media website Pinterest that shows you can make a dessert for one with just the zap of a microwave, no baking needed.
Chocolate chip cookies are a sweet treat for almost anyone, any age any family and according to this pin on Pinterest from www.number-2-pencil.com, we can make a single-serve cookie in a microwave.
1 Tbs. melted butter
1 Tbs. granulated white sugar
1 Tbs. brown sugar
3 drops of vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
1 egg yolk (discard the egg white)
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbs. of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Start by melting your butter in the microwave. Butter should just be melted, not boiling.
2. Add sugars, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
3. Separate your egg and add the yolk only to your cup. Stir to combine.
4. Add flour, then stir again. Measure a scant, slightly less than full, ¼ cup of all-purpose flour.
5. Add the chocolate chips, and give a final stir. Now your mixture will look like cookie dough.
6. Cook in microwave 40-60 seconds.
7. Serve warm.