The Marathon County Farm Service Agency (FSA) office is currently searching for minority and female producers interested in serving as an advisor to the FSA County Committee. It is recommended that interested producers send advisor nominations to the County Executive Director by January 25, 2013. Nominations received after January 25, 2013, may still be accepted.
“The person selected to serve as an advisor will be instrumental in increasing the awareness and participation in FSA activities, including elections,” said Matthew Peplinski, FSA Marathon County executive director. “The advisor will help insure that problems and viewpoints of the underrepresented groups are understood and considered in local FSA actions.”
Other duties of the County Committee advisors include:
• Attending each committee meeting, including executive sessions.
• Participating in all deliberations, although advisors will not have voting rights.
• Helping to develop interest and incentives in female and minority group members for considering FSA work as a career.
• Actively soliciting candidates from underrepresented groups for nomination during the committee election process.
• Performing special duties at the County Committee’s request.
Appointments are for a 12-month period not to exceed nine consecutive years, effective on March 1 of each year.
County Committee members and advisors make decisions important to other producers throughout the county. As a representative of the U.S. government entrusted with this responsibility, each committee member and advisor must make sure all producers are treated fairly.
If interested in serving as an advisor to the FSA County Committee for 2013, contact Matthew Peplinski at the Marathon County FSA office at (715) 848-2330.
Designed by Gray Digital Media