As the temperatures drop you're probably looking for ways to stay warm, but before you crank up that thermostat there are some things you need to know.
Battalion Chief Doug Beula with the Wausau Fire Department stopped by NewsChannel 7 Friday morning to give us some tips to prevent fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. He says you should have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Make sure you get your furnace checked over by a professional and if you use a fireplace, make sure the chimney is clean.
For more tips, click the video links above.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.