Police say it seems a small fire on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus was started when a student tried to make meth.
WKOW-TV reports Sunday that the fire started early Saturday. The Rountree Commons dorm was evacuated for about an hour.
Police say a student was trying to cook methamphetamine when the ingredients started a fire in a plastic waste basket. The student put out the fire and emergency crews were called.
Five people suffered smoke-related injuries.
The student was arrested. He's being held on a tentative charge of attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.