RACINE, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities say a candle in a bathroom apparently caused a Racine house fire last week that killed three children and injured a fourth. Racine police released that update Monday.
Eight-year-old Dalijah Scott and 9-year-old Dayja Scott died Thursday when their house caught fire. Their brother, 7-year-old Michael Scott, died later in the hospital.
The children's 5-year-old brother, Luther Patterson, was hospitalized.
Authorities on Monday also released audio from the 911 call from the children's mother.
In the 911 call, Deborah Scott tells the dispatcher, "Someone come get my kids. My house is on fire . They are crying like crazy. I cannot get my kids out."
The Journal Times reports Scott said she could see flames but that the window where the children were located doesn't open.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.