House Fire

By: Justin Ware
By: Justin Ware

A house is for the most part unscathed after Wausau firefighters quickly put out a blaze Friday afternoon, one they believe may be smoking-related.

Crews responded to a home on Fifth Avenue in Wausau shortly after noon Friday.

The fire had broken out in the upstairs bedroom.

"We had a fire on the second story bedroom," said Wausau Fire Chief Gary Buchberger. "It was held to that room and the contents in it."

Department officials say they believe the fire was caused by the careless use of a smoking device.

Fortunately, no one was hurt.