Several people gathered at Loppnow's Bar in Wausau Sunday to enjoy some beer, food and live music, but this wasn't just any party. It was a benefit to help the victims of an apartment fire.
On January 17, a candle ignited a blaze at the Riverview Apartment complex in Wausau. No one was hurt, but some of the residents didn't have insurance coverage to replace the things they lost.
"There was two people on the first floor that lost everything they ever owned. Those are the priority people and we want to help them out," said Mike Gahagan, whose mother's apartment was destroyed in the fire.
Organizers hope to raise close to $1,000 from Sunday’s event.
If you want to help out the tower fire victims, a fund is set up at the People's State Bank in Wausau.