- School cafeteria managers on the hunt for foods that are healthy and will also please finicky students are sampling bean burgers, peanut butter substitutes and other alternatives at a convention in Boston.
- Facing opposition from staunch conservatives, the Common Core education standards designed to improve schools and student competitiveness are being modified by some Republican governors. They cite concern about the federal government's role in the classroom.
- It's hard enough to keep your kids active during the summer months as it is, but for parents who work full time and struggle to make ends meet it's even harder. That's why the Boys and Girls Club of Wisconsin Rapids is stepping up to help those kids whose parents can't afford it.
- Five school districts in Wisconsin are going to be given some money they didn't know they would get back. D.C. Everest, Marathon, Abbotsford, De Pere and Waunakee school districts will all receive a portion of $4 million dollars given to the government by the construction company the five districts used between 2003 and 2008.
- The University of Wisconsin system has a new president and in his four short months in the role, he is wasting no time to start implementing the plans he had before he was even hired.