Wood Stove May be to Blame for Wausau Fire

By: WSAW Staff
By: WSAW Staff

A wood burning stove may be to blame for a fire at home on Wausau's northeast side.

Just before 2 pm crews from several area departments responded to a structure fire at home on the 7400 block Highway 52 in the Town of Wausau.

The Town of Wausau Fire Chief, Kevin Yolitz, tells us he believes the fire started when the exterior chimney from the wood burning stove heated up the siding. The flames then shot up into the attic.

The home sustained heavy smoke and water damage to the upper level and attic of the home.

No one was injured during the fire.

Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@wsaw.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.

powered by Disqus
WSAW-TV 1114 Grand Ave. Wausau, WI 54403
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184975531 - wsaw.com/a?a=184975531
Gray Television, Inc.