Veterans can apply for an array of state and federal benefits including education and employment assistance Saturday at the Taylor County Fairgrounds in Medford. Family members of veterans and deployed service members are also encouraged to attend. The event is Saturday, September 22 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
At this free, "one-stop-shop" for benefits, veterans can:
• Establish eligibility for state veterans benefits (bring your DD form 214).
• Apply for state and federal benefits.
• Receive information about loans, education benefits and employment
• Get assistance in obtaining military medals and records.
• Obtain information about nursing home care.
• Pre-register for burial in state veterans' cemeteries.
• Learn about the wide range of benefits available including health care,
loans, compensation and pension, education, job training, aging services, funeral honors, and more!
Tomah VAMC will have their Mobile Clinic on-site.
For more information, call the Taylor County Veterans Service Officer at (715) 748-1488.