The cause of an early morning fire in Mosinee is believed to have started in the basement.
Just after 2 am Monday morning, the Mosinee Fire District and Kronenwetter Fire Department were dispatched to a possible structure fire at 203 Second Street.
Mosinee crews found heavy smoke coming from the eaves of the building. Firefighters initially went inside the building to put out the fire, but conditions required them to back out of the structure. The Rib Mountain Fire Department was paged and the addition of an excavator was brought in to rip apart the building to get at some of the hard-to-reach places.
Firefighters were able to rescue some pet rabbits and a pet snake.
The building is believed to be a total loss No one was hurt or injured in the fire.
The Red Cross and Salvation Army are assisting the two misplaced families.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.