Town of Cleveland Home Damaged by Fire

By: WSAW Staff Email
By: WSAW Staff Email

Two people are safe but a home in the Town of Cleveland has significant damage following a fire Wednesday afternoon.

Crews responded to a fire at a home on Hayes Road near HWY 153 at 1:15pm.

Stratford Fire Chief Bill Griesbach tells NewsChannel 7 the fire was likely started by a malfunction with an electric coffee maker. The fire spread to the house and then to the roof.

Two adults were home at the time of the fire. They got out unharmed.

Stratford, Edgar and the Town of McMillan fire departments responded to the scene.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@wsaw.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.

powered by Disqus
WSAW-TV 1114 Grand Ave. Wausau, WI 54403
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 273822211 - wsaw.com/a?a=273822211