We have some tips for you regarding safety that come straight from the National Council on Fireworks Safety.
- Try to remain standing when handling a sparkler.
- Never hold or light more than one at a time.
- You should be wearing close toed shoes when possible.
- The sparkler wire and stick remain hot long after the flame has gone out . When done, it should go directly into a bucket of water.
- Do not hand them to each other when lit.
- Keep distance, a recommended 6 feet between you and others.
Remind your children to try not to run or wave them around. When using sparklers around young children, remember to maintain very close supervision! Children under 12 should not be playing with them alone.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.