(Press Release) On Friday, July 13, crews will open the western segment of the new four-lane US 10 to traffic. Additional closures, detours and highway name changes will occur as part of the opening of the new alignment:
• Crews will close WIS 13/80 at the south intersection with US 10 west the morning of Friday, July 13. This location will remain closed until crews complete construction of the roundabout in October. During the closure, WIS 13/80 traffic will be detoured via WIS 13/73, WIS 186 and US 10.
• Motorists traveling south on US 10/WIS 13 will be able to access US 10 west. However, they will not be able to travel south to WIS 13/80 and will have to follow the detour.
• Motorists traveling north on WIS 13/80 will not be able to access US 10 west or US 10/WIS 13 and will need to follow the detour.
• Crews will close existing US 10 from Central Avenue to approximately .25 miles the east on Friday, July 13. Access will be maintained for adjacent property owners except for brief periods of storm sewer, grading or concrete work.
• The Washington Avenue overpass (town of Cameron) will be closed on Friday, July 13. The overpass is expected to reopen in late July.
• The new connection of County BB to new US 10 is scheduled to open Friday, July 13.
• Crews plan to switch US 10 traffic onto the new, four-lane alignment from the WIS 13/Klondike Road intersection (town of Cameron) to Rock Inn Road (town of Auburndale) on Friday, July 13.
Highway name changes
• When the western segment of the new US 10 opens, the former US 10 -- from South Central Avenue to 0.7 miles east of WIS 13 (town of Marshfield) -- will become Heritage Drive.
• A newly constructed road in the town of Marshfield -- from 0.7 miles east of WIS 13 to Stadt Road -- will also become Heritage Drive.
The remaining segment of the new US 10 alignment -- between Rock Inn Road and WIS 34 south (town of Eau Pleine) -- is currently expected to open in late August 2012.
Enter Zip Code for Custom Weather