A 18-year-old Wausau man has pleaded no contest to two counts of burglary during a plea deal with prosecutors. As result two charges of theft will be dismissed, but considered during an October sentencing.
Investigators say Jonathon Kuy and two minor suspects broke into a home in Wausau in March 2012 while the homeowners were on vacation. The alleged victims said the suspects stole several guns, cash, and electronics.
Six months later a similar break-in occurred with the suspects reportedly taking a 300 lbs. gun safe, cash, and knives. One of the suspects told authorities the safe had been dumped near the Wisconsin River in Wausau, and one or two of the guns were also thrown into the river.
Kuy is also considered a suspect in the burglaries of three Taylor County businesses from Nov. 11 to Nov. 15, 2013. In those cases investigators says the suspects stole more than $60,000 in cash. According to court documents, as of Nov. 21, 2013 approximately $30,000 had been recovered. A one day trial has been scheduled for Nov. 13 in Taylor County.
Kuy is behind bars in the Marathon County Jail on a $10,000 cash bond.
The two minors in the case are not being charged as adults and their names will not be released.
A sentencing hearing has been scheduled for October 1.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.