The Lincoln County Sheriff's Department says a wood stove appears to be the cause of an ice shanty fire over the weekend.
Dispatch received a call of a fire around 8 a.m. Saturday on Lake Alice, northwest of Tomahawk, in the Town of King.
When Tomahawk Firefighters and a Deputy arrived on the scene they found a camper trailer, which had been converted into an ice shanty, engulfed in flames.
Tomahawk Firefighters put out the fire, but the camper was a total loss.
The owner told the investigating Deputy that he had started a fire in a small wood stove in the camper and then had left to take a walk around the lake, when he returned he found the camper fully engulfed in flames.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.