CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. -- A Chippewa Falls man whose daughter was sickened after eating a marijuana-laced chocolate bar faces three criminal charges.
A Chippewa Herald report says 38-year-old Jason N. Hetke is charged with felony second-degree reckless endangerment. He's also charged with two misdemeanors -- child neglect and possession of marijuana.
Prosecutors say the girl seemed intoxicated in school after eating an entire marijuana chocolate bar from Colorado. A school official and police officer were barely able to detect a pulse.
They found a wrapper in her pocket that said the bar contained 22 1/2 doses of marijuana. The wrapper said the product was, "Extremely potent. Do not eat all at once."
She said she found the bar in her father's dresser drawer.
Online court records didn't list an attorney for Hetke on Monday.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.