Lincoln Co. Cabin Destroyed in Saturday Fire

By: WSAW Staff Email
By: WSAW Staff Email

A Lincoln County cabin is a total loss after a fire Saturday which appears to have started in the wood stove.

According to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department, it happened Saturday afternoon on Joe Snow Road in the Town of Corning.

The Town of Corning Fire Department arrived on scene to the structure engulfed in flames.

When the property owners arrived, they told a sheriff's deputy that they were at the cabin earlier in the day, and before they left at about 11:30 a.m. they built a fire in the wood stove.

The wood stove appears to be the source of the fire. Foul play is not suspected.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@wsaw.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.

powered by Disqus
WSAW-TV 1114 Grand Ave. Wausau, WI 54403
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180762401 - wsaw.com/a?a=180762401
Gray Television, Inc.