As the temperatures drop you're probably looking for ways to stay warm, but before you crank up that thermostat there are some things you need to know.
Battalion Chief Doug Beula with the Wausau Fire Department stopped by NewsChannel 7 Friday morning to give us some tips to prevent fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. He says you should have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Make sure you get your furnace checked over by a professional and if you use a fireplace, make sure the chimney is clean.
For more tips, click the video links above.
Enter Zip Code for Custom Weather