The Adams County Humane Society is working to cleanup after an early morning fire. Three staff members loaded the shelter's 30 animals into their vehicles.
The humane society says the fire was caused by a washer or dryer. A shelter employee tells NewsChannel 7 they are in need of laundry and bleach as those supplies were lost in the fire.
The Columbia County Humane Society is housing the cats displaced by fire. The dog area is undamaged and the dogs are not in danger.
A shelter employee says they are also in need of an industrial washer and dryer.
The building is insured but has smoke, water and fire damage.
Click here to make a donation to the shelter through paypal.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.