A chimney fire is believed to be the cause of house fire Friday afternoon near Rib Mountain. The Battalion Chief for the SAFER Department said about 1/3 of the home is damaged, and the owner will not be able to stay there.
The S.A.F.E.R Fire Department and Marathon Fire Department responded to a home on the 8300 block of South Mountain Road around 12:20 p.m.
A Captain with S.A.F.E.R told NewsChannel 7 the homeowner said he was outside and came inside to find the carpet on fire.
The homeowner had minor smoke inhalation, but refused a hospital transport.
Our reporter at the scene said no flames were visible, however there was heavy smoke.
A portion of South Mountain Road was closed.
The extent of damage was unclear, however the Salvation Army was paged to the scene.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.