Lent, the Christian season of penance leading to Easter is underway, which means its prime time for fish fry's in our area.
If you cant make it out to a fish fry, why not stay in and cook it yourself?
Earlier this week, NewsChannel 7 got a one-on-one cooking lesson from Carmelo's in Rib Mountain.
The Carmelo's recipe calls for:
1 pan, filled half way, of crushed saltine crackers
4 pieces of Icelandic Haddock fish
oil (buttered flavored, vegetable oil)
1. Whisk the two eggs in a separate bowl.
2. Wash the Haddock under cold water to rid it of a "fishy" taste.
3. Heat your oil until it simmers.
4. Take each piece of Haddock and dunk it in the whisked eggs, so it has an even coating on the entire piece.
5. Set the egg-covered Haddock in the crushed cracker crumbs, coat entirely.
6. Finally set Haddock into the oil simmering in the pan.
7. Cook each piece on each side for just a couple minutes each, or until fish is golden brown.
8. Remove from pan, eat with fresh lemon or tartar sauce!
For a full tutorial, click the video above the article.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.