YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) -- A 4-month-old in a playpen on her Ohio porch was critically injured when a neighbor's fireworks landed on her.
A witness told police a 10-year-old neighbor of the Youngstown baby kicked over a lit tubular firework, which shot into the playpen, burning Aubree McCormick.
The baby was flown to the burn unit at Akron Children's Hospital following the late Friday night accident.
The child's grandmother, Carol McCormick, injured her fingers rescuing the baby. She tells WFMJ-TV in Youngstown the child's entire face is burned.
A spokeswoman at Akron Children's Hospital confirmed the hospital was treating the baby Monday, but said her condition wasn't immediately available.
Police are investigating.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.